Faculty Association Meeting Minutes –May 3, 2019
Members Present: Paul Bilinski, David Cutler, Steven Deller, Paul Drelles, Nejdet Eden Foley, Margaret Gramas, Joseph Growchowski, Jessica Houser, Wade James, Duane Kelley, Jennifer Lundberg Anders, Lisa Morley, Mike Nagle, Jodi Radloff,, Mathew Sanderson, Constance Schwass, Erwin Selimos, Katie Stewart, John Wolff.
Members Absent: Sean Henne, Theodore Malt, Michael McKinney, Kellon Petzak, Sonja Siewert.
Proxy Votes: John Wolff for Sean Henne
The meeting was called to order at 5:05 PM
- Mike Nagle motioned to approve the February 19, 2019 minutes with amendments to misspelled names and Jessica Houser was granted permission to change the wording of the motion made by Paul Bilinksi regarding the Faculty Association contributions to the mutual gains bargaining training. Duane Kelley seconded. No one opposed.
- The following Faculty Association officers were nominated:
Vice President-Mathew Sanderson
Treasurer- Katie Stewart
Mike Nagle moved to close floor to nominations and moved to approve the slate. Paul Drelles seconded. No one opposed.
- Members reviewed changes to the Faculty Association By-Laws and Constitution.
- According to Section I of the Preamble in the Faculty Constitution, “The name of the organization shall be “West Shore Community College Association, MEA-NEA…” The word faculty will be added to the name: “West Shore Community College Faculty Association, MEA-NEA.”
- An amendment will be made to Section IV of the Preamble of the Faculty Constitution. The section currently states that terms of office for Faculty Association officers “…shall be one year and shall commence September 1…” Erwin Selimos proposed that the commencement of service change from September 1 to the day the officers are elected. “Terms of office shall be for one year and shall begin immediately following the faculty association meeting during which the election was held.
- A typo will be fixed on page 3 of By-Laws
John moved to approve the bylaws and constitution with the friendly amendments. Steven Deller seconded. No one opposed.
- Other items for discussion.
Members discussed issues with the Technical Center renovation